Mind & Mood in Harmony - 5 Benefits of Our Natural Supplement for Emotional Wellness
Rhodiola rosea has been shown to modulate the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis, which regulates the body's response to stress, thereby reducing symptoms of stress, such as fatigue and exhaustion.(1)
Ashwagandha's bioactive compounds, such as withanolides, have been shown to have neuroprotective effects and enhance brain function. (2) A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study found that Ashwagandha supplementation significantly improved cognitive function, attention, and information processing speed in healthy individuals. (3)
3. Promote relaxation
5-HTP, a precursor to serotonin found in Griffonia Seed, has been shown to promote relaxation and regulate mood. (4) In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, 5-HTP supplementation led to a significant reduction in anxiety symptoms. (5)
4. Enhance Sleep Quality
Ashwagandha's ability to modulate GABA receptors, involved in sleep regulation, is responsible for its sleep-enhancing effects. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study found that Ashwagandha supplementation improved sleep quality and reduced sleep latency in individuals with insomnia. (6)
5. Boost Energy Levels
Rhodiola rosea's ability to increase ATP production in the body, which is the energy currency of cells, is responsible for its energy-boosting effects. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study found that Rhodiola rosea supplementation significantly improved physical performance and reduced fatigue in individuals with fatigue-related disorders. (7)
1. Darbinyan V, et al. Rhodiola rosea in stress induced fatigue – a double blind cross-over study of a standardized extract SHR-5 with a repeated low-dose regimen on the mental performance of healthy physicians during night duty. Phytomedicine. 2000;7(5):365-371.
2. Mishra LC, Singh BB, Dagenais S. Scientific basis for the therapeutic use of Withania somnifera (ashwagandha): a review. Altern Med Rev. 2000;5(4):334-346.
3. Choudhary D, Bhattacharyya S, Joshi K. Body Weight Management in Adults Under Chronic Stress Through Treatment With Ashwagandha Root Extract: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial. J Evid Based Complementary Altern Med. 2017;22(1):96-106.
4. Shaw K, Turner J, Del Mar C. Tryptophan and 5-hydroxytryptophan for depression. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2002;(1):CD003198.
5. Jangid P, et al. Comparative study of efficacy of l-5-hydroxytryptophan and fluoxetine in patients presenting with first depressive episode. Asian J Psychiatr. 2013;6(1):29-34.
6. Langade D, et al. Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) Root Extract in Improving Sleep Quality and Mental Alertness in Healthy Adults: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Study. J Am Coll Nutr. 2019;38(4):310-315.
7. Shevtsov VA, et al. A randomized trial of two different doses of a SHR-5 Rhodiola rosea extract versus placebo and control of capacity for mental work. Phytomedicine.